Seeking advice/tips/experience for requesting a deadline extension on a merit-based scholarship offer. I was offered a significant merit-based scholarship from a school and need to pass/accept the offer by April 1st. I'm in a tough position since I still haven't heard from many other schools and also don't know my need-based aid situation from this school. I'd like to wait until I have all the information on the table (or at least most of it) before making such a big decision.
Some context: I'm above 75% LSAT and GPA for this school. The scholarship offer I got covers about 75% of tuition.
Any help is appreciated!
Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 558
- Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 pm
I would just shoot the admissions department an email, explain your situation, and ask what they can do for you. If you have a contact at the school that you've been talking with about other things maybe ask that person instead. I don't think there's anything 'special' you need to do here. Just ask. The worst that can happen is they say no.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests