NYU Negotiation

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
User avatar
AFtoLawschool
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

NYU Negotiation

Postby AFtoLawschool » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:55 am

I would love to go to NYU, but I don't think I'll be able to justify it without $20k more in aid. I have an awesome deal at Michigan (basically $60k out of pocket in tuition), but I'm still waiting on Columbia aid and a had recent JS1 (surprising, with my GPA) at Harvard. I don't think a lot of aid from Columbia or a JS2 from Harvard are likely with my numbers. Should I wait until I know more from those schools at the end of this month, or do you think a 65% scholly from Michigan will be sufficient ammunition?

Should I wait 3 more weeks for more information or try and negotiate now? I'm worried that waiting 3 more weeks will lessen my chances of getting money. Is that worry unfounded? Am I okay to start the negotiating process in early April?



Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest