Negotiating Mich/Cornell/Virginia/Vandy(?) Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
HowlandReed

New

Negotiating Mich/Cornell/Virginia/Vandy(?)

Post by HowlandReed » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Last edited by HowlandReed on Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

floatie

Silver

Re: Negotiating Mich/Cornell/Virginia/Vandy(?)

Post by floatie » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:20 pm

You should be able to use Cornell and Michigan to bump up UVA. And even though they're lower offers you might be able to use the offer + higher ranking to bump up Vandy.

HowlandReed

New

Post by HowlandReed » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:27 pm

floatie wrote:You should be able to use Cornell and Michigan to bump up UVA. And even though they're lower offers you might be able to use the offer + higher ranking to bump up Vandy.
Thanks!

speedofthought

New

Post by speedofthought » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:41 pm

HowlandReed wrote:
floatie wrote:You should be able to use Cornell and Michigan to bump up UVA. And even though they're lower offers you might be able to use the offer + higher ranking to bump up Vandy.
Thanks!
Not sure you will meet much success with Vandy -- when I tried I got a very polite letter that was a de facto "no". (It did not explicitly say I would not receive more aid, but it also did not offer any more aid, instead simply restating what I had already been given with a note about how it is important to make law school decisions on a number of factors -- of which financial aid is just one).

Still, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. I wish you better luck than I had!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”