Will Columbia negotiate with 120k from Michigan?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ilovewestworld

Will Columbia negotiate with 120k from Michigan?

Postby ilovewestworld » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:18 pm

From what I've read, Columbia will only negotiate with offers from Chicago, NYU, Penn, and need based from HYS.

However - is 120k a significant enough amount from Michigan to be considered?

y/n?

Note: not asking for advice on where I should go, just wondering if in other people's experiences...Columbia will budge with large scholarship from Mich. Thank you!

jpark86

Re: Will Columbia negotiate with 120k from Michigan?

Postby jpark86 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:24 pm

ilovewestworld wrote:From what I've read, Columbia will only negotiate with offers from Chicago, NYU, Penn, and need based from HYS.

However - is 120k a significant enough amount from Michigan to be considered?

y/n?

Note: not asking for advice on where I should go, just wondering if in other people's experiences...Columbia will budge with large scholarship from Mich. Thank you!

oh dang... i didn't realize cls was that strict with negotiations! kinda regret not getting in my penn financial aid earlier

Fiddlesticks

Postby Fiddlesticks » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:30 pm

For sure. Schools negotiate scholarships as a way to try and justify you coming to their school over some other offer. If you had 120 from Mich and only 30 from Columbia, it would be silly to choose Columbia. They'll budge a little, but don't expect a match.

quigleyest

Postby quigleyest » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:36 pm

Curious about this as well. Only applied to HS Ccn B due to monetary concerns .... advice appreciated

Return to “Financial Aid”