negotiating with UVA

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
atlantahoo
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:58 pm

negotiating with UVA

Postby atlantahoo » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:30 pm

any advice on what schools might be helpful for scholly negotiation? how deep into the rankings can i dip when mentioning offers from other schools?

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: negotiating with UVA

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 pm

atlantahoo wrote:any advice on what schools might be helpful for scholly negotiation? how deep into the rankings can i dip when mentioning offers from other schools?

In the same situation. What is UVA's reputation for negotiating?

champagnepapi
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: negotiating with UVA

Postby champagnepapi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:13 pm

same boat

herecomesthesun
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: negotiating with UVA

Postby herecomesthesun » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:04 am

I tried. Had decent money from Cornell, Michigan, and Northwestern. Nothing.

User avatar
speedofthought
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: negotiating with UVA

Postby speedofthought » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:05 am

herecomesthesun wrote:I tried. Had decent money from Cornell, Michigan, and Northwestern. Nothing.


Nothing, they didn't respond? Or they responded but would not budge?

User avatar
Bob loblaw law blog
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Re: negotiating with UVA

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:31 am

atlantahoo wrote:any advice on what schools might be helpful for scholly negotiation? how deep into the rankings can i dip when mentioning offers from other schools?

Had offers that were 300% of what UVA offered me from peer schools and other T14s. Got the cold "we don't negotiate." Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like that that's pretty universal. Sucks since I really wanted UVA but can't justify it given the other options.

herecomesthesun
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: negotiating with UVA

Postby herecomesthesun » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:37 am

speedofthought wrote:
herecomesthesun wrote:I tried. Had decent money from Cornell, Michigan, and Northwestern. Nothing.


Nothing, they didn't respond? Or they responded but would not budge?


would not budge




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest