CSS + GI Bill question Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
brinicolec

Gold

CSS + GI Bill question

Post by brinicolec » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:56 am

Does anyone know if the GI Bill is supposed to be included in the "scholarship, grant, or gift aid" question? There's a question specifically asking about if we INTEND to use veteran's benefits but I don't INTEND to use them, I already did (for UG).

KPUSN07

Bronze

Re: CSS + GI Bill question

Post by KPUSN07 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:06 am

This is actually a really good question - to follow-on, if you check "yes" then will the school not consider you for a scholarship?

Dcc617

Gold

Post by Dcc617 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:15 am

brinicolec wrote:Does anyone know if the GI Bill is supposed to be included in the "scholarship, grant, or gift aid" question? There's a question specifically asking about if we INTEND to use veteran's benefits but I don't INTEND to use them, I already did (for UG).
If you're not going to use them for law school then I don't see why it would be relevant to law school stuff.

ETA And you can always just call the school and ask.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:43 am

Dcc617 wrote:
brinicolec wrote:Does anyone know if the GI Bill is supposed to be included in the "scholarship, grant, or gift aid" question? There's a question specifically asking about if we INTEND to use veteran's benefits but I don't INTEND to use them, I already did (for UG).
If you're not going to use them for law school then I don't see why it would be relevant to law school stuff.

ETA And you can always just call the school and ask.

Yeah I did call and it was fine lol

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:44 am

KPUSN07 wrote:This is actually a really good question - to follow-on, if you check "yes" then will the school not consider you for a scholarship?
this might vary depending on the school

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”