Do this many people really pay sticker price? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
pyramidenergy888

New

Re: Do this many people really pay sticker price?

Post by pyramidenergy888 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Thelaw23 wrote: There's a lot of "you shouldn't go to law school if you're not in at T14" sentiment on TLS which seems absurd to me. According to TLS logic, there should only be around 4000 lawyers graduating a year from T14 and that's it. If a person has a long life dream of becoming a lawyer but just isn't built for the LSAT that shouldn't stop him from trying to fulfill his or her dream.
For the love of Xenu, anyone who disagrees with this can do so POLITELY. No need to throw around hurtful words. It's really unnecessary.

Anyway, I didn't even know about these 509 forms that are released by every law school. Looking over them really opens your eyes to the costs that people are incurring for school. Just absolutely insane. If you are going to take out 100k in debt then you must have some expectation to have a job where you can pay that back... I think a lot of people are just simply irrational. They have a sentimental notion of law school and being a lawyer and buy into some attitude that you should just "go for it" and pursue the dream and somehow figure out how to service the debt along the way. It's almost like an impulse thing...

Also started watching the Dave Ramsey show on youtube... ****ing hilarious. He gets people calling in who have made TERRIBLE financial decisions and totally busts them.. AHA it's hilarious and beautiful.

brinicolec

Gold

Post by brinicolec » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:12 pm

I wouldn't say TLS is necessarily T14 or bust, but it is very centered on T14 schools. I think some of that is just due to who tends to populate this site though (people with high GPAs/high LSATs/both).

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:52 pm

brinicolec wrote:I wouldn't say TLS is necessarily T14 or bust, but it is very centered on T14 schools. I think some of that is just due to who tends to populate this site though (people with high GPAs/high LSATs/both).
It also tends to happen because very few people come in with the career goal of working in a small-to-mid-sized firm in a specific region, but they can only get into schools that will give them that option.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”