Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:49 pm
So I've been accepted to one of my top choice schools, however it is out of state and I am really trying to do all I can to bring the price down before I commit to attending. I was not offered a merit based scholarship at the time of acceptance, but I emailed the Assistant Dean (who sent me a hand written letter commending my achievements included in my PS) asking if there was any financial help they would be able to provide. She responded quickly and said that my application was reviewed for scholarship initially, but she would be happy to send it to their sub-committee for further review. She also asked what my scholarship offers from other schools were...and I have none. How should I go about responding to her at this point? Even a differential fee waiver to gain in-state tuition would be a tremendous help at this point. TIA for the help!
- Future Ex-Engineer
- Posts: 1429
- Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm
Should definitely wait until you have other offers in hand before trying to negotiate....that or at least wait until the end of February/mid March (when people are declining admittances/freeing up scholly money) before asking for something from nothing.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest