----- Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ilovewestworld

New

-----

Post by ilovewestworld » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:40 pm

------
Last edited by ilovewestworld on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Possible to leverage $$$ at Michigan w/Columbia?

Post by dabigchina » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

cls requires that you apply to need based fin aid to get non named merit scholarship.

Tbh I would take a long hard look at the lower t 14. Don't pay sticker to come here
Last edited by dabigchina on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Re: Possible to leverage $$$ at Michigan w/Columbia?

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:18 pm

dabigchina wrote:
ilovewestworld wrote:Hi all,

I recently received 120k scholarship at Michigan and am wondering if I can leverage this at Columbia (recently accepted with no $ offer)?

Rest of cycle:
- Accepted to Berkeley (no $) & Duke (scholarship interview soon)
- Waiting on Penn & NYU for decision
- Interview at GULC & Harvard scheduled.

Thoughts? :)
cls requires that you apply to need based fin aid to get non named merit scholarship.

Tbh I would take a long hard look at the lower t 14. Don't pay sticker to come here
In general, paying sticker at any law school is a general idea. Yes, even HYS. Unless by paying sticker you mean your parents are paying for you, you really shouldn't be doing it. $300k+ is a lot of debt, and it's likely worth it to take some time off from school to max out your LSAT score to lower the cost than to take a financial beating of that tune.

Return to “Financial Aid”