Financial Aid for Canadians

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
MikeRoss2568

Financial Aid for Canadians

Postby MikeRoss2568 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:05 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here knew (or has experience as a Canadian) with schools in the T-14 that offer merit/financial need scholarships?

I will apply with about a 3.9 GPA, 176 LSAT. With the addition of my grades next fall (I will be taking six classes, and my school gives A+'s), I believe my GPA will rise to 3.95ish by the time those grades are in, which should help with negotiating.

I come from a low income family.

I believe I qualify for need based awards, and some merit awards, but I am not sure which offer scholarships/grants/bursaries for Canadian students. I'm anticipating having to take out a loan of upwards to 100K, but will need someway to fund the remainder.

Let me know what you guys think!

cavalier1138

Re: Financial Aid for Canadians

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Free healthcare isn't enough for you?

You likely won't get need-based aid. But don't feel bad; no one ever does. You will, however, get bucketloads of merit aid from CCN and probably decent money from HYS. As far as I know, your being Canadian does not affect your eligibility for scholarships.

MikeRoss2568

Re: Financial Aid for Canadians

Postby MikeRoss2568 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:30 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Free healthcare isn't enough for you?

You likely won't get need-based aid. But don't feel bad; no one ever does. You will, however, get bucketloads of merit aid from CCN and probably decent money from HYS. As far as I know, your being Canadian does not affect your eligibility for scholarships.

That's great, my target school is Columbia or NYU, so I'm pleased to hear that!

Return to “Financial Aid”