CSS Profile

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Keilz

CSS Profile

Postby Keilz » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:07 pm

I am registering for CSS PROFILE right now for Duke and Cornell, as they are the only schools to which I've been admitted that have given me instructions for scholarship application. In the CSS registration it asks me to add schools that I want to see my CSS information, at $16 a school. It says that I can add/subtract schools as much as I want before I submit my PROFILE application. I am still waiting to hear back from 9 schools, but want to submit my CSS PROFILE as soon as possible to apply for scholarships at Duke and Cornell. Do I put down all the schools to which I've applied so they can see my information, even though I haven't heard back from them?

Also, what do I put for the housing code, if I don't know where I would live?

taxman14

Re: CSS Profile

Postby taxman14 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:06 pm

Keilz wrote:I am registering for CSS PROFILE right now for Duke and Cornell, as they are the only schools to which I've been admitted that have given me instructions for scholarship application. In the CSS registration it asks me to add schools that I want to see my CSS information, at $16 a school. It says that I can add/subtract schools as much as I want before I submit my PROFILE application. I am still waiting to hear back from 9 schools, but want to submit my CSS PROFILE as soon as possible to apply for scholarships at Duke and Cornell. Do I put down all the schools to which I've applied so they can see my information, even though I haven't heard back from them?

Only put the schools that you want to submit it for. So only the ones that you've been admitted to. You can always add later since it's so early and there's no point spending $16 on a school if you might not get in.

I'd put down "on campus" unless you think you might live elsewhere or commute.

Keilz

Postby Keilz » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:53 pm

taxman14 wrote:
Keilz wrote:I am registering for CSS PROFILE right now for Duke and Cornell, as they are the only schools to which I've been admitted that have given me instructions for scholarship application. In the CSS registration it asks me to add schools that I want to see my CSS information, at $16 a school. It says that I can add/subtract schools as much as I want before I submit my PROFILE application. I am still waiting to hear back from 9 schools, but want to submit my CSS PROFILE as soon as possible to apply for scholarships at Duke and Cornell. Do I put down all the schools to which I've applied so they can see my information, even though I haven't heard back from them?

Only put the schools that you want to submit it for. So only the ones that you've been admitted to. You can always add later since it's so early and there's no point spending $16 on a school if you might not get in.

Thanks! Congrats on all of your acceptances and names scholarship invitations!

taxman14

Postby taxman14 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Keilz wrote:
taxman14 wrote:

Thanks! Congrats on all of your acceptances and names scholarship invitations!

Thanks! Feel so very blessed!

Return to “Financial Aid”