When should I do my FAFSA

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Ferrisjso
Comptroller General of Cloudcuckooland

When should I do my FAFSA

Postby Ferrisjso » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:48 am

When should I do my FAFSA? Is it the same as undergraduate or is it different?

cavalier1138

Re: When should I do my FAFSA

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:25 am

You should fill out your FAFSA form any time after January 1st, but I recommend filing your taxes early on in the year and waiting until you have that hard data to fill it out. Otherwise you end up having to go back and redo half the information anyway. Just don't add schools until you're accepted, because there's no point in spamming financial aid departments with your information before they actually need it.

lymenheimer

Re: When should I do my FAFSA

Postby lymenheimer » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:19 am

cavalier1138 wrote:You should fill out your FAFSA form any time after January 1st, but I recommend filing your taxes early on in the year and waiting until you have that hard data to fill it out. Otherwise you end up having to go back and redo half the information anyway. Just don't add schools until you're accepted, because there's no point in spamming financial aid departments with your information before they actually need it.

You can fill out fafsa now. It is released already

Return to “Financial Aid”