Schools with good scholarships Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jd21

New

Schools with good scholarships

Post by jd21 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:23 am

I was wondering if there are any schools known for giving generous scholarships? I've seen that Washington University St. Louis is one but are there any others? I've searched around here and on other forums but can't find much information about this specifically. Also, I realize that better stats usually equals more money and scholarships are circumstantial but the information could still be helpful. Thanks in advance

cavalier1138

Re: Schools with good scholarships

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:20 am

Short answer: no.

Long answer: no, but look at the 509s where you're applying. If a school is particularly generous with scholarship money, the 509 will reflect that through more students being offered more money to attend. You're right that WashU has a particular reputation, but that's an extreme case. It's not clear how long they intend to keep throwing money at people, but I'm guessing it isn't a long-term strategy.

bretby

Bronze

Post by bretby » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:03 pm

jd21 wrote:I was wondering if there are any schools known for giving generous scholarships? I've seen that Washington University St. Louis is one but are there any others? I've searched around here and on other forums but can't find much information about this specifically. Also, I realize that better stats usually equals more money and scholarships are circumstantial but the information could still be helpful. Thanks in advance
Completely depends on your numbers. And negotiating scholarships works, so apply strategically with that in mind.

zeglo

Silver

Post by zeglo » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:54 pm

Last edited by zeglo on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catcachoo

New

Post by catcachoo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:22 pm

Well UCLA Law has two different full tuition scholarship programs this year. I'd say that's pretty good. http://law.ucla.edu/admissions/full-tui ... -programs/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MadJeff

New

Post by MadJeff » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:35 am

Hi, there

I've been browsing around different forums ... but still pazzled with an issue concerning scholarship apllication to one of the law school ... Is anybody out there who can say which of the universities are quite generous with scholarship benefits. Thanks in advance

mosunny

New

Post by mosunny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:46 pm

MadJeff wrote:Hi, there

I've been browsing around different forums ... but still pazzled with an issue concerning scholarship apllication to one of the law school ... Is anybody out there who can say which of the universities are quite generous with scholarship benefits. Thanks in advance

In my experience/experience of close friends: UT, Vanderbilt, Emory, UCLA, GW.

Also if you go to http://law-schools.startclass.com/ click on any school and scroll to the "Financial Aid" section of that school it will tell you the percentage of student receiving scholarships and the size of those scholarships (less than half, half to full, full, more than full etc.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”