deletizatededaf Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
connordalto

Bronze

deletizatededaf

Post by connordalto » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:07 pm

deleted af fam
Last edited by connordalto on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SolRs

New

Re: CU Boulder scholarship info

Post by SolRs » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:12 am

connordalto wrote:Hi all, I am applying for the 2017 admissions cycle and was wondering about scholarships for both these schools. I have a 3.73 gpa and a 163 LSAT (re-taking in December so may be in the range of 165+). Average softs (summa cum laude thesis, letter of rec from law professor, lots of research experience).

Have you had any experiences with scholly money from these schools/would you recommend either for jobs post grad (I want to work in denver, biglaw not necessary). Thinking about focusing on environmental law.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

What other school are you referring to? I only see CU. On Lawschoolnumbers a girl with similar #s got a full-ride, but she is the only one I have seen. Are you applying now or waiting to apply?

connordalto

Bronze

Post by connordalto » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:34 am

daf
Last edited by connordalto on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SolRs

New

Post by SolRs » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:44 am

connordalto wrote:
SolRs wrote:
connordalto wrote:Hi all, I am applying for the 2017 admissions cycle and was wondering about scholarships for both these schools. I have a 3.73 gpa and a 163 LSAT (re-taking in December so may be in the range of 165+). Average softs (summa cum laude thesis, letter of rec from law professor, lots of research experience).

Have you had any experiences with scholly money from these schools/would you recommend either for jobs post grad (I want to work in denver, biglaw not necessary). Thinking about focusing on environmental law.

What other school are you referring to? I only see CU. On Lawschoolnumbers a girl with similar #s got a full-ride, but she is the only one I have seen. Are you applying now or waiting to apply?
Ah, whoops had another post. Also applying to Denver Strurm but I havent heard the greatest things about job prospects so the only way I would consider attending is with a full ride. Also applying to University of washington, Berkeley (long shot, depends on if I crush the lsat next month), and a couple other west coast schools.

Yeah, Ive been lurking on LSN to try to get a heads up on that. Hopefully Ill be in the 167+ lsat range so maybe CU will look kindly on me. Doesnt look like UW law gives out much money, even if your in 170+ range. So probably will be between deciding on CU at some money or Berkeley/UW at sticker all hinging on my LSAT.

Sending out my apps for the 2017 cycle the day December scores come in. Do you think this will hurt my scholarship prospects?
No - I don't think it'll affect your admissions at CU or DU. It may affect scholarship determination if you don't get a better LSAT score, but if you get even 1-2 points, it will be worth it!

connordalto

Bronze

Post by connordalto » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 am

SolRs wrote:
connordalto wrote:
SolRs wrote:

Ah, whoops had another post. Also applying to Denver Strurm but I havent heard the greatest things about job prospects so the only way I would consider attending is with a full ride. Also applying to University of washington, Berkeley (long shot, depends on if I crush the lsat next month), and a couple other west coast schools.

Yeah, Ive been lurking on LSN to try to get a heads up on that. Hopefully Ill be in the 167+ lsat range so maybe CU will look kindly on me. Doesnt look like UW law gives out much money, even if your in 170+ range. So probably will be between deciding on CU at some money or Berkeley/UW at sticker all hinging on my LSAT.

Sending out my apps for the 2017 cycle the day December scores come in. Do you think this will hurt my scholarship prospects?
No - I don't think it'll affect your admissions at CU or DU. It may affect scholarship determination if you don't get a better LSAT score, but if you get even 1-2 points, it will be worth it!
Okay, good to hear. Yeah Ive been PTing recently as high as 170 so hopefully that will hold out on test day :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”