LSAC Fee Waiver Wait Time Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Tkords

New

LSAC Fee Waiver Wait Time

Post by Tkords » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:34 pm

I applied for an LSAC fee waiver and was denied on the initial request, so I sent in an appeal on Monday (October 23). They updated my profile to say that they had received my documents and put a hold on my account on Tuesday. So it's been a few days. LSAT scores were released on Thursday, but I didn't get mine because of the hold.

I was wondering if anybody had been through the appeal process before and could tell me about how long it took? I obviously want to know my LSAT score, but I was also hoping for a decision before Halloween so that I could get applications in during the early round.

Thanks in advance!

Tkords

New

Re: LSAC Fee Waiver Wait Time

Post by Tkords » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:20 am

Well to anyone who might be curious, the turnaround on this was just under two weeks from when I submitted my papers.
In the best moment of my life I discovered that my fee waiver had been approved and that my LSAT went up to a 172. Life is good.

WhyYaCryin

New

Post by WhyYaCryin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:42 am

Tkords wrote:In the best moment of my life I discovered that my fee waiver had been approved and that my LSAT went up to a 172. Life is good.
Congrats! I know the LSAC waiver pays for 2 LSATs as well as CAS and a copy of the Superprep, but how exactly does it help with applications?

maracuya

Bronze

Post by maracuya » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:51 pm

WhyYaCryin wrote:
Tkords wrote:In the best moment of my life I discovered that my fee waiver had been approved and that my LSAT went up to a 172. Life is good.
Congrats! I know the LSAC waiver pays for 2 LSATs as well as CAS and a copy of the Superprep, but how exactly does it help with applications?
Most schools automatically waive the application fee for applicants with an LSAC waiver. You also get 3 free LSAC reports!

WhyYaCryin

New

Post by WhyYaCryin » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Got it, thanks.

Tkords

New

Post by Tkords » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:09 am

A lot of schools, particularly in the T14, waive their application fee when you are approved for the LSAC fee waiver. For some (NYU and Chicago I think) it is the only way to get the application fee waived. Also, it covers four of the $30 application charges that LSAC charges to send out your reports for each school applied to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”