The B Word

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

The B Word

Postby LSUorNope » Thu May 07, 2015 12:28 am

Anyone else concerned about the budget cuts and possible bankruptcy at LSU? Sweating bullets here!

There's no mention of it on the law center's website but there's public acknowledgment & press releases on the main site, ... -update-4/ and other news outlets. Maybe this is why the ranking plummeted recently?

I think LSU is a good school. I just wish the law school admin were a little more upfront. It would've been nice to know how & when this will effect costs, financial aid, and scholarships. Are they afraid of a mass exodus? Is this a topic / issue that's being swept under the rug? Too taboo? Ignoring the dancing elephant in the the room? Distracted by the football team ?

Budget cuts, financial exigency or bankruptcy..... not a good look for future tuition costs.

LSU or Nope?

Re: The B Word

Postby SFSpartan » Thu May 07, 2015 1:26 am

I find it really hard to believe that the State of Louisiana would let its largest university (and all other public unis, for that matter) go bankrupt. This smacks of politics, and I suspect the legislature will swoop in at the 11th hour to solve the problem it created.

That being said, it looks like LSU is trying to do other things (like issue bonds) to stave of bankruptcy. Because of this the law school administration may not know what is going on, hence the silence. This isn't something they can sweep under the rug– they probably just don't know what's going on.

That said, if you have better options, go somewhere besides LSU.

Return to “Financial Aid”