Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2286
- Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am
philliesphanatic wrote:Hi guys,
I am pretty set on attending school #1 based on the scholarship that they originally gave me. However, I am still waiting to hear back about a potential raise by the end of this week. I would have to deposit at school #2 that I am using to negotiate with school #1 by tonight. Is there any point in doing so? Does either school know if I do? Does it look poorly to double deposit? Or is it the most beneficial choice because of leverage?
Thanks for the help!
Different schools have different polices re: double depositing. I'd check the policies of the schools in question and then decide from there.
We'd have an easier time answering your other questions with more specific info, but essentially you'll have to decide a) how likely it is that this leverage turns into a bump for you, b) whether you'll be significantly affected by losing this money, and c) whether a is high enough to negate b.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests