"Research Assistant Scholarship" vs regular merit Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Mtaylor2187

New

"Research Assistant Scholarship" vs regular merit

Post by Mtaylor2187 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:37 pm

After some negotiation, UGA is offering me a research assistant job as a scholarship opportunity. I have a few quick questions if anyone is familiar with this type of job or opportunity.

How does this rate vs a regular scholarship? Is it essentially a law school work study? How does the job look on a resume/how helpful would it be compared to the amount of work it would take? Last, are these jobs typically available to students without this type of scholarship?

sublime

Diamond

Re: "Research Assistant Scholarship" vs regular merit

Post by sublime » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Mtaylor2187

New

Post by Mtaylor2187 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:43 pm

During the year 2L and 3L years

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:48 pm

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Mtaylor2187 wrote:After some negotiation, UGA is offering me a research assistant job as a scholarship opportunity. I have a few quick questions if anyone is familiar with this type of job or opportunity.

How does this rate vs a regular scholarship? Is it essentially a law school work study? How does the job look on a resume/how helpful would it be compared to the amount of work it would take? Last, are these jobs typically available to students without this type of scholarship?
1. Worse usually.
2. Don't know what you are asking here.
3. It looks fine. Not as good as having varied legal experience. If you already have top grades these can be good opportunities to make nice with a connected professor who can recommend you for a clerkship.
4. Yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”