I just got the James Wilson today from Penn worth 75K over three years. I got the exact same offer from UVA for 75K as well. I'm still waiting to hear back from Michigan, Cornell, and GULC. I'm not interested in Michigan because of its location, and I'm not really interested in GULC. I would love to initially get into biglaw in either NYC or Philly (preferably NYC) following graduation. So, with its ties to NYC, I'm interested in Cornell.
I'm very limited financially and completely terrified of debt. I would totally take Cornell if they gave me some serious money. When should I start negotiating with them? Should I show them my Penn and UVA offers right now, that way, with all of their funds available, they can give me the biggest scholarship possible that they are willing to give me? Or, should I just wait for their initial award to come out and negotiate afterwards? Also, how much money would I need from Cornell to justify choosing them over Penn?
Thanks for your input!
Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests