Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Chronic underthought

Postby Chronic underthought » Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:28 pm

Last edited by Chronic underthought on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auxilio

Re: 173 lsat 3.9x GPA - Levy scholarship?

Postby Auxilio » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:24 pm

I have those exact numbers this year, got invited to apply for Silverman-Rodin scholarship (about 2/3 of a levy). That might also have been partially a result of my weak softs, no why Penn, and absolutely no links to Penn (Canadian). Especially in the next couple weeks when the actual offers are given out read through the 2018 penn threads in Class of 2018 and acceptances/waitlists/rejections to see what people report.

Clemenceau

Postby Clemenceau » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:31 pm

You'll probably have a lot of good options to leverage

Whether or not you get offered a levy shouldn't be the biggest concern in the world right now. With an early app and those numbers, you should be able to negotiate up to a very significant offer regardless. Good luck.

BizBro

Postby BizBro » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Yea scholarships can be a black box. I'd apply widely across the t14 and negotiate. I would also try to write applications for any scholarship programs you find.

Chronic underthought

Postby Chronic underthought » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Auxilio wrote:I have those exact numbers this year, got invited to apply for Silverman-Rodin scholarship (about 2/3 of a levy). That might also have been partially a result of my weak softs, no why Penn, and absolutely no links to Penn (Canadian). Especially in the next couple weeks when the actual offers are given out read through the 2018 penn threads in Class of 2018 and acceptances/waitlists/rejections to see what people report.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of offers did you receive from other t14 schools? Also, I will keep an eye on the Penn C/O 2018 thread--thanks for the advice!

Auxilio

Postby Auxilio » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:40 am

Chronic underthought wrote:
Auxilio wrote:I have those exact numbers this year, got invited to apply for Silverman-Rodin scholarship (about 2/3 of a levy). That might also have been partially a result of my weak softs, no why Penn, and absolutely no links to Penn (Canadian). Especially in the next couple weeks when the actual offers are given out read through the 2018 penn threads in Class of 2018 and acceptances/waitlists/rejections to see what people report.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of offers did you receive from other t14 schools? Also, I will keep an eye on the Penn C/O 2018 thread--thanks for the advice!

I am currently sitting on zero scholarship offers. UVA, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, and Berkeley have not given me any response yet. Chicago and NYU have accepted me and I am expecting to hear from within the next week roughly. Penn also should confirm/deny the Silverman-Rodin.

I did not apply any lower than Berkeley because I am only going to the states with a decent financial option from one of the schools I listed, otherwise I plan on remaining in Canada.

If I recall I will pm you my offers once I get them from Chicago and NYU (if I don't feel free to pm me in a week or two)

Helioze

Postby Helioze » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:21 am

Don't slack on the GPA.

Return to “Financial Aid”