FAFSA/Financial Aid questions

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.

FAFSA/Financial Aid questions

Postby 123455678 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello all. I have a couple financial aid questions.

I have been accepted to three schools so far, two of which have sent me a merit scholarship. I am waiting to hear back from a few more. My question is what should I be doing right now as far as financial aid? Should I be filling out the FAFSA and sending it out?? Am I behind on this?

My issue with the FAFSA is that I am a nanny. I have been a nanny for 5 years, so I do not have a tax return. Should I fill it out with my parents info? I am 24... almost 25. I have one tax return for this tax season from a side job I did for a little bit, but did not work a lot of hours for them this past year.

Besides the FAFSA, anything else I need to fill out? I am waiting to hear back from other schools and also waiting for any other financial aid from these schools that I might be receiving.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks again!

Re: FAFSA/Financial Aid questions

Postby hearsay77 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 am

Almost every school requires FAFSA to be filled out to be considered for need-based aid, but you should check the individual schools' websites for any other forms or requirements they might have. From my experience every school is a little different when it comes to financial aid.

Return to “Financial Aid”