Worth trying to negotiate?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
cannonball89

Worth trying to negotiate?

Postby cannonball89 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:50 pm

So I was accepted at USD and they offered me the Deans Honor Scholarship of $43K per year, renewable with good standing for a total aid award of $129,000 over three years. Tuition for USD is $47,140, and I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it to try to negotiate for a bit more money (as close to covering tuition as possible). From what Ive read this is the largest scholarship they offer so Im not really sure if there is much point in asking for more. Thoughts?

bl1nds1ght

Re: Worth trying to negotiate?

Postby bl1nds1ght » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:51 pm

What are your stats?

Kingsbrou

Re: Worth trying to negotiate?

Postby Kingsbrou » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:04 pm

cannonball89 wrote:So I was accepted at USD and they offered me the Deans Honor Scholarship of $43K per year, renewable with good standing for a total aid award of $129,000 over three years. Tuition for USD is $47,140, and I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it to try to negotiate for a bit more money (as close to covering tuition as possible). From what Ive read this is the largest scholarship they offer so Im not really sure if there is much point in asking for more. Thoughts?

It is always worth it. Email them and they will likely schedule you for an interview over the phone with the dean of admissions.

Return to “Financial Aid”