How much do I love a school? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
IPmaybe

New

How much do I love a school?

Post by IPmaybe » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi all,

Let's assume that I'm above the 75th % in both LSAT and GPA for a particular school that I'm really interested in (as in if they gave a scholarship, I'd withdraw from every other school). How much love should I show for the school in the personal statement (assuming of course it comes across as genuine)? Do people have an idea that if you write too much, the school will know you'll be attending either way and will therefore not offer you anything, or does admissions really want to give money to the people who most want to go to the school to begin with?

Just wondering if people have had any experiences with writing too much on a PS has hurt them in scholarship negotiations.

I appreciate any advice!

sideroxylon

Gold

Re: How much do I love a school?

Post by sideroxylon » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:47 pm

just apply and worry about this later

it probably won't be an issue

LoganCouture

Gold

Post by LoganCouture » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:04 pm

Maybe your love for the school is better showcased in a Why X essay than in your PS.

Anyway, you should be applying to their peer schools so you can leverage other scholarship offers and get $$$ from this one.

Betty Smith

New

Post by Betty Smith » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 am

Well I don't think it is an issue (right now). You first have to apply and dare to care about this later. Hey, are you stressed out? Sounds like. Take a chill pill and enjoy :)

pancakes3

Platinum

Post by pancakes3 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:18 am

Well you have to know that as much as you love a school that school doesn't give two craps about you in return and the only relevant factors in deciding where to go are how much it costs and what are the employment stats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”