Any tips for scholarship increase? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
onewhiteword

New

Any tips for scholarship increase?

Post by onewhiteword » Wed May 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Didn't see a sticky in this section. I'm not a good negotiator, and I dislike asking for money. I've got over 50% scholarship going into my 2L year. The school "automatically considers" current students in the top 25% for more $, I got that covered BUT, it says if they received little or no $ to begin with. I already sent a feeler email, and they just reiterated the standard auto consideration line. I don't want to transfer since I'm pretty good as far as class rank goes. I've heard Time Information and Power are key to negotiations, but students are fungible, so what leverage can I have to bargain with for more $?

Rahviveh

Gold

Re: Any tips for scholarship increase?

Post by Rahviveh » Fri May 30, 2014 7:43 pm

onewhiteword wrote:Didn't see a sticky in this section. I'm not a good negotiator, and I dislike asking for money. I've got over 50% scholarship going into my 2L year. The school "automatically considers" current students in the top 25% for more $, I got that covered BUT, it says if they received little or no $ to begin with. I already sent a feeler email, and they just reiterated the standard auto consideration line. I don't want to transfer since I'm pretty good as far as class rank goes. I've heard Time Information and Power are key to negotiations, but students are fungible, so what leverage can I have to bargain with for more $?
Apply for transfer anyways and use that as leverage.

Return to “Financial Aid”