Am I mistaken for expecting a merit scholarship?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
UserNameHere

Am I mistaken for expecting a merit scholarship?

Postby UserNameHere » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm

I've been accepted to some T14s with my numbers ranging from the median to the 75th percentile in both LSAT and GPA. Obviously, each school is different, but I received my acceptances as much as 8 weeks ago from some of them and haven't heard a thing about merit scholarship. . . . I likely won't get any need aid, but I have to say I'm a bit surprised not to have heard anything about merit. Am I wildly off base? What kind of numbers does it require for merit scholarship?

papercut

Re: Am I mistaken for expecting a merit scholarship?

Postby papercut » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:43 pm

You'll get some based on your numbers. Probably nothing crazy, but who knows. Just wait.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:50 pm

Make sure there aren't more application steps that you're skipping. NU, for instance, requires FAFSA, NeedAccess, and a couple of short essays before they'll consider you for merit money.

UserNameHere

Postby UserNameHere » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:58 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Make sure there aren't more application steps that you're skipping. NU, for instance, requires FAFSA, NeedAccess, and a couple of short essays before they'll consider you for merit money.

Good point. Pretty sure I covered all of my bases, but I'll triple check that I crossed the t's and dotted the i's.

Return to “Financial Aid”