chances of scholarship at top 10

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
BillsFan9907

chances of scholarship at top 10

Postby BillsFan9907 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:47 am

Just out of curiosity, what are the overall chances of getting a scholarship at a top 10 assuming you have near perfect stats? I'm just wondering how much someone in the low 170s should really push for those extra points based on the possibility of getting some money. From what I saw on LSN, it doesn't seem very common. For Columbia, for example, I saw a ton of people with like 3.95s and 177 LSATs who didn't receive money.

Tiago Splitter

Re: chances of scholarship at top 10

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:53 pm

Seoulless wrote:Just out of curiosity, what are the overall chances of getting a scholarship at a top 10 assuming you have near perfect stats? I'm just wondering how much someone in the low 170s should really push for those extra points based on the possibility of getting some money. From what I saw on LSN, it doesn't seem very common. For Columbia, for example, I saw a ton of people with like 3.95s and 177 LSATs who didn't receive money.

A lot of people just don't put all of their finaid info on LSN. If you have a high GPA and score in the 170's, even just right at 170, you'll get big scholarship money from several top 14 schools.

Return to “Financial Aid”