My chances to get a LSAC fee waiver?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
deebanger

My chances to get a LSAC fee waiver?

Postby deebanger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:33 am

Hey guys! im planning to apply online very soon to get a LSAC fee waiver as it will be incredibly helpful. im trying to figure of my chances of getting one. I moved to the US only in 2010. I have like about 2000 dollars in my bank account. currently in undergrad. My mom, my only working parent has an income of about 14,000 a year. how are my chances of getting a fee waiver. I cant afford to spend like 1000-2000 dollars on my applications. so the people who got a LSAC fee waiver, what are my chances?

dowu

Re: My chances to get a LSAC fee waiver?

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:38 am

deebanger wrote:Hey guys! im planning to apply online very soon to get a LSAC fee waiver as it will be incredibly helpful. im trying to figure of my chances of getting one. I moved to the US only in 2010. I have like about 2000 dollars in my bank account. currently in undergrad. My mom, my only working parent has an income of about 14,000 a year. how are my chances of getting a fee waiver. I cant afford to spend like 1000-2000 dollars on my applications. so the people who got a LSAC fee waiver, what are my chances?

With two grand in the bank, it's hard to say. Without that two grand, you have a better chance. *wink wink*

What's your annual income? That plays a role as well; not just your moms income.

deebanger

Postby deebanger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:45 am

dowu wrote:
deebanger wrote:Hey guys! im planning to apply online very soon to get a LSAC fee waiver as it will be incredibly helpful. im trying to figure of my chances of getting one. I moved to the US only in 2010. I have like about 2000 dollars in my bank account. currently in undergrad. My mom, my only working parent has an income of about 14,000 a year. how are my chances of getting a fee waiver. I cant afford to spend like 1000-2000 dollars on my applications. so the people who got a LSAC fee waiver, what are my chances?

With two grand in the bank, it's hard to say. Without that two grand, you have a better chance. *wink wink*

What's your annual income? That plays a role as well; not just your moms income.

My annual income RIGHT NOW is 0. im entering my third year of college, and my financial aid covers my rent, almost all of my tuition. so im totally depended on my grant/loans for college. thats why it will incredibly helpful if i get the lsac waiver. the cost of taking the lsat each time, and the application fees are giving me nightmares.

deebanger

Postby deebanger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:47 am

i might stand a better chance without the 2 grand, but i might go broke haha

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:08 am

deebanger wrote:With two grand in the bank, it's hard to say. Without that two grand, you have a better chance. *wink wink*

With zero income, your chances are good.

deebanger

Postby deebanger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 am

dowu wrote:
deebanger wrote:With two grand in the bank, it's hard to say. Without that two grand, you have a better chance. *wink wink*

thanks! hopefully! im keeping my fingers crossed.

Toby Ziegler

Postby Toby Ziegler » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:22 pm

With $2000 in the bank you have 0% chance of gaining an LSAC fee waiver.

dowu

Postby dowu » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:39 pm

deebanger wrote:
dowu wrote:

thanks! hopefully! im keeping my fingers crossed.

I honestly wouldnt have told them about that two grand. Thats not really disposable income like they'll assume.

francesfarmer

Postby francesfarmer » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:43 pm

I had $0, no income (out of college, unemployed), was living on a couch and technically homeless, my mom's income was ~18k, she had $6k in the bank, and I got denied.

Return to “Financial Aid”