Canadian Schools Scholarships

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
chefigo_08

Canadian Schools Scholarships

Postby chefigo_08 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:29 pm

This is my first time applying and I have yet to write the LSAT (writing in October and repeating in December if necessary). I have an undergrad CGPA of 3.60 from SFU (3.77 for the last 60 credits) and a Graduate CGPA of 3.54 (MA- International Studies). Just wanted to ask if anyone has specific info regarding scholarships at Canadian schools. Are they need based or merit based? Are there any that may cover 100% tuition? I'm averse to taking a student loan (I will only gain permanent resident status in the summer next year. I'm an international student in Canada right now). Thanks!

poke800ash

Re: Canadian Schools Scholarships

Postby poke800ash » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:11 pm

chefigo_08 wrote:This is my first time applying and I have yet to write the LSAT (writing in October and repeating in December if necessary). I have an undergrad CGPA of 3.60 from SFU (3.77 for the last 60 credits) and a Graduate CGPA of 3.54 (MA- International Studies). Just wanted to ask if anyone has specific info regarding scholarships at Canadian schools. Are they need based or merit based? Are there any that may cover 100% tuition? I'm averse to taking a student loan (I will only gain permanent resident status in the summer next year. I'm an international student in Canada right now). Thanks!

Try lawstudents.ca, the Canadian equivalent of TLS. They probably have a lot more information on the issue than the Americans here.

Return to “Financial Aid”