Merit Scholarships with December LSAT Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
lsataddict

New

Merit Scholarships with December LSAT

Post by lsataddict » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:43 pm

If I take the December LSAT, will I still be eligible for merit scholarships, especially the named scholarships at Columbia (Hamilton), Chicago (Rubenstein), etc.? Or is most merit-based financial aid already given out? If it's possible, I can send in my application in October or November, but I won't have a LSAT score until December. Will that help at all?

hohenheim

Bronze

Re: Merit Scholarships with December LSAT

Post by hohenheim » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:44 pm

lsataddict wrote:If I take the December LSAT, will I still be eligible for merit scholarships, especially the named scholarships at Columbia (Hamilton), Chicago (Rubenstein), etc.? Or is most merit-based financial aid already given out? If it's possible, I can send in my application in October or November, but I won't have a LSAT score until December. Will that help at all?
Short answer: Yes

Go on LSN and sort applicants by date they applied. Here are three profiles where the student applied to CLS after January 1st and received a Hamilton:
Elwood
carboncopyx
bbsg

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Rubenstein program ended this year, so that will no longer be an option. The Cafaro scholarship still exists and Chicago might add some other full-ride scholarship (though probably without a stipend) to partly replace the Ruby.

lsataddict

New

Post by lsataddict » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:11 pm

hohenheim wrote:
lsataddict wrote:If I take the December LSAT, will I still be eligible for merit scholarships, especially the named scholarships at Columbia (Hamilton), Chicago (Rubenstein), etc.? Or is most merit-based financial aid already given out? If it's possible, I can send in my application in October or November, but I won't have a LSAT score until December. Will that help at all?

Go on LSN and sort applicants by date they applied. Here are three profiles where the student applied to CLS after January 1st and received a Hamilton:
Elwood
carboncopyx
bbsg

Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Rubenstein program ended this year, so that will no longer be an option. The Cafaro scholarship still exists and Chicago might add some other full-ride scholarship (though probably without a stipend) to partly replace the Ruby.
Thanks!

Is there a way to search on LSN by date of application submission?

hohenheim

Bronze

Post by hohenheim » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 pm

lsataddict wrote:
hohenheim wrote:

Elwood
carboncopyx
bbsg

Thanks!

Is there a way to search on LSN by date of application submission?
Not sure if this exactly answers your questions, but go to the school's page, click the "Applicants" button, then scroll down and click on the "Sent" column heading. This will sort the applicants for that cycle by when they sent their applications.

Alternatively, myLSN.info makes this process somewhat easier because you can limit your search based on when people applied, but unfortunately it is a little annoying to use for your specific purpose since it lumps Dec-Jan together as applying in the middle. Still, this is probably the easiest way to conduct your search on multiple schools at once.

Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”