Accepted and hoping to get off waitlist elsewhere... Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
DeterminedToOvercome

New

Accepted and hoping to get off waitlist elsewhere...

Post by DeterminedToOvercome » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:19 pm

I need advice on how to move further in the next coming months regarding school decisions and financial aid.

I have been accepted into my #2 law school of choice and completed the financial aid process (approved for loans; I haven't completed the final step of sending in the paperwork to make if official). I have paid both deposits to claim my seat for the fall ($600).

I have been wait listed at my #1 law school of choice and could potentially have to wait until July 15 to know if I am accepted or rejected.

I won't be receiving any scholarships, grants, etc. from either law school. The #1 law school is BY FAR CHEAPER and BETTER RANKED. Is it going to be an issue when it comes to applying for financial aid potentially in July for the #1 law school? Has anyone else had experience in a similar situation?

Thanks!

PD90

New

Re: Accepted and hoping to get off waitlist elsewhere...

Post by PD90 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:52 pm

I am in a similar situation and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

DildaMan

Bronze

Re: Accepted and hoping to get off waitlist elsewhere...

Post by DildaMan » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 pm

DeterminedToOvercome wrote:
I have been wait listed at my #1 law school of choice and could potentially have to wait until July 15 to know if I am accepted or rejected.

I won't be receiving any scholarships, grants, etc. from either law school. The #1 law school is BY FAR CHEAPER and BETTER RANKED. Is it going to be an issue when it comes to applying for financial aid potentially in July for the #1 law school? Has anyone else had experience in a similar situation?

Thanks!
I got off the wait-list in August. There were no problems with Financial Aid; they expedited the process at that point.

Return to “Financial Aid”