Negotiating Scholarship Without Leverage

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jmdogg88

Negotiating Scholarship Without Leverage

Postby jmdogg88 » Sun May 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Hey, All:

The best school offered the best scholarship but I'd like to at least attempt to milk the cow dry. I've already paid the first deposit, and I did not pay deposits to any other schools (can't imagine I'm still in at any of them). Any advice on ways to squeeze out a little more scratch? The current scholarship offer is a bit over 50% tuition.

PRgradBYU

Re: Negotiating Scholarship Without Leverage

Postby PRgradBYU » Sun May 12, 2013 7:52 pm

jmdogg88 wrote:Hey, All:

The best school offered the best scholarship but I'd like to at least attempt to milk the cow dry. I've already paid the first deposit, and I did not pay deposits to any other schools (can't imagine I'm still in at any of them). Any advice on ways to squeeze out a little more scratch? The current scholarship offer is a bit over 50% tuition.

You lost a lot of your leverage when you paid your seat deposit, TBH. If you pay another seat deposit at a comparable school, you may have some success, since the first school will be able to see that. That's the best advice I can give with the limited information you've provided. Good luck!

Return to “Financial Aid”