When is the deadline for applying for federal loans? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
totoro

Bronze

When is the deadline for applying for federal loans?

Post by totoro » Wed May 01, 2013 9:02 pm

I will be paying for law school almost entirely in loans. I just filed my FAFSA today, but I'm not sure what else to do. I think I need to apply separately for a 20,500 direct loan and a GradPLUS loan, and also fill out a MPN. And does anyone know when this is due or will the schools provide us with more information as the school year draws closer? Sorry, I'm just kind of confused about all this financial stuff and don't want to miss any deadlines :oops:

rinkrat19

Diamond

Re: When is the deadline for applying for federal loans?

Post by rinkrat19 » Wed May 01, 2013 9:07 pm

The school's financial aid office (there's usually a page on the school website) will have instructions. Sometimes FAFSA is all you have to do. Some schools require additional forms (usually for scholarships). You don't apply for grad plus or direct loans; that's what FAFSA is.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 am

There is an entrance interview, and also the master promissory note that you need to do. However, I believe your school's financial aid office will contact you with instructions when it comes time to do these things (at least that's what it says in my fin aid info).

totoro

Bronze

Post by totoro » Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am

K thanks guys. Just don't want to miss the boat.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:21 am

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure these schools would bend over backwards to make sure we get our loans so they can make ridiculous tuition profits off of us :evil: :mrgreen: .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”