Negotiation

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
thatgumyoulike

Negotiation

Postby thatgumyoulike » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:19 pm

Edited: Answered/things have changed.
Last edited by thatgumyoulike on Mon May 06, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

AKsnow

Re: USC to negotiate w/ UCLA and Cornell

Postby AKsnow » Wed May 01, 2013 12:22 pm

thatgumyoulike wrote:In at Cornell and UCLA at sticker (135K at Irvine, if relevant). Already paid the 1st deposit at Cornell and visited. Somehow still waiting on a decision from USC (their deposit is due tomorrow, was told they will make decisions by mid May), which has been offering 60-120K to people near my numbers. Assuming I get money from SC, what's the likelihood I could turn that into an offer at Cornell or UCLA this late? I ask because UCLA's 1st deadline is tomorrow, and there's no way I'm going at sticker.

It's pretty late now seeing as how the deadline is today, but Dean Schwartz is really up for negotiation if you talk with him. He's pretty good at replying to e-mails, although I'm not sure you'd get an offer today since it is deposit deadline day. I would send him an e-mail. What are your numbers?

thatgumyoulike

Re: USC to negotiate w/ UCLA and Cornell

Postby thatgumyoulike » Wed May 01, 2013 6:36 pm

AKsnow wrote:
It's pretty late now seeing as how the deadline is today, but Dean Schwartz is really up for negotiation if you talk with him. He's pretty good at replying to e-mails, although I'm not sure you'd get an offer today since it is deposit deadline day. I would send him an e-mail. What are your numbers?

I've been waiting on the SC offer, but now it feels like it is backfiring and I still don't have a decision. PMed you my numbers.

Return to “Financial Aid”