I intend this as a general thread, but I'll give my situation briefly: I'm considering attending NYU or CLS (admitted to both) in the fall, but as you know both are hideously expensive. Received $15K/yr from NYU and haven't heard yet from CLS but it probably won't be more than that. I have an opportunity for slightly reduced CoL in manhattan ($700/month rent from a relative), so that will ease the pain slightly, but it will still be at $175K or more in debt all said and done after 3 yrs (assuming I contribute some of my modest personal savings).
I'm working on the bargaining process using other offers, but I can't count on that for bringing up the offers.
People have discussed taking the June LSAT to get off summer waitlists. I'm wondering what TLS wisdom has to offer for schools raising scholarship offers with a higher June score; whether this is possible, viable, or worthwhile. Also, would they possibly lower their offer if I tanked it? (seems unlikely since their usnwr figure is based on highest). Feel free to discuss any schools' policies.
As for the test: I haven't PT'd since my October LSAT (scored 172), but I'm guessing I'm rusty and I'd have to work on it. I have a full time job so my max commitment would be 1 hour or so each night and 4-5 hours on weekends. I took powerscore class last summer so I have all the materials and extra practice exams, and I'm willing to spend the $160 on taking the test if it really could benefit.
Best case scenario I'd say I nail a 174 or 175. Would the 2-3 pt lsat jump make them consider their offer, or would it be too late?
Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 11325
- Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am
Absolutely possible. I've discussed my success with this on multiple threads both in this subforum and others. Althought the school I was succesful with was lower tier 1 not T6. Search function should be helpful in this regard.