Negotiate With Stips?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
TheNextAmendment

Negotiate With Stips?

Postby TheNextAmendment » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:25 pm

I'm trying to negotiate with both of my top choice law schools- T25, but my numbers are just about at their medians. Does anybody have any thoughts on trying to negotiate scholarship money and including in the email "...even if GPA stipulations accompany the merit scholarship offer". Any thoughts on this? Would this make the offer seem more desperate, or make them more likely to send some money my way?
Thanks for the Help!

whsy

Re: Negotiate With Stips?

Postby whsy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:29 pm

I wouldn't bother with this, honestly don't think it would matter. If they want to give you more money they will...

PRgradBYU

Re: Negotiate With Stips?

Postby PRgradBYU » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:54 pm

TheNextAmendment wrote:I'm trying to negotiate with both of my top choice law schools- T25, but my numbers are just about at their medians. Does anybody have any thoughts on trying to negotiate scholarship money and including in the email "...even if GPA stipulations accompany the merit scholarship offer". Any thoughts on this? Would this make the offer seem more desperate, or make them more likely to send some money my way?
Thanks for the Help!

It's not negotiating if they haven't given you an initial scholarship offer--it's begging.

Return to “Financial Aid”