gi bill/yellow ribbon program for military dependents Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
vzapana

Silver

gi bill/yellow ribbon program for military dependents

Post by vzapana » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 pm

The transferring process seems mad confusing. Has anyone here gone through it, and wanna help me out? (PM me please!)

lyra4

New

Re: gi bill/yellow ribbon program for military dependents

Post by lyra4 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 pm

PM'd. Any other dependents using the GI Bill around here? It would be nice to hear from other folks in the same boat. We are PCSing soon, and I'm wondering how the GI Bill coordinator at our next duty station will be.

Needajob1

New

Post by Needajob1 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:44 pm

lyra4 wrote:PM'd. Any other dependents using the GI Bill around here? It would be nice to hear from other folks in the same boat. We are PCSing soon, and I'm wondering how the GI Bill coordinator at our next duty station will be.
I am using it! Thankfully other people did all the initial legwork for me that was a pain. I am using it for 2 years and another of my family already used one year and it worked out fine with no issues. Getting the transfer and the certification letter do take time though so plan early and submit all the forms. Most everything is online. Our GI Bill at our base was a huge help so hopefully yours will be too!

voytek

Bronze

Post by voytek » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:59 pm

I'll be using it for at least one year. I've already been allocated 9 months of GI Bill (enough for one academic year) but haven't jumped through any other hoops yet.

lyra4

New

Post by lyra4 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:07 pm

VA Form 22-1990e submitted online. Now begins the long wait. I had to laugh when the asked for my high school graduation date. Wow. Um... June something? :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”