Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
notcool

Postby notcool » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Thanks.
Last edited by notcool on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonimo

Re: FAFSA question - Reporting income

Postby Anonimo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 am

I'm only half sure of what I'm about to write. Are you sure you were his employee? If you just worked just on projects and he made a contract with you on a project to project basis you might not be his employee but just someone he made a contract with (even if it's an oral contract). Did you have to come in everyday at a precise time or did he just call you every now and then? If I had a business and I had a guy who came in regularly to do some construction work but I made a contract with him, he is not my employee. It's his (your) responsibility to report the income from the services rendered.

I don't know much about FASFA to even comment about it.

spleenworship

Re: FAFSA question - Reporting income

Postby spleenworship » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:54 am

Report it no matter what.

Either you were an independent contractor or an employee. Either way he needs to give you a form showing you what you were paid. When you file your taxes he will get in trouble for not providing you a form. Next year he will give you one I bet.

If you don't report it you could be prosecuted for fraud (or just be made permanently ineligible for financial aid)

Return to “Financial Aid”