FAFSA to 10+ schools

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
UMich11

FAFSA to 10+ schools

Postby UMich11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm

I still am evaluating options and have a number of schools on my list with no decision/WL i still would like to hear on the Need-Based aid.

Any idea on Fafsa about what happens if i have 10 schools on my list, send it out, then change the list by removing 5, and adding an additional 5 so that it goes to some other 2nd choice schools of mine which weren't originally picked?? Will those i removed from my list still process Fafsa even though they have been removed from my list? how does that work?

Sorry if this is confusing.

Ludo!

Re: FAFSA to 10+ schools

Postby Ludo! » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:35 pm

You can keep changing it, it's fine. Just make sure that by the time you figure out what school you're going to you have it on the list

UMich11

Postby UMich11 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:You can keep changing it, it's fine. Just make sure that by the time you figure out what school you're going to you have it on the list

Do you know if each school will still put packages together for me to evaluate? Even though i removed them from the list so i can send it to another prospective school?

Ludo!

Postby Ludo! » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

UMich11 wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:You can keep changing it, it's fine. Just make sure that by the time you figure out what school you're going to you have it on the list

Do you know if each school will still put packages together for me to evaluate? Even though i removed them from the list so i can send it to another prospective school?

What packages would there be? Your FAFSA doesn't affect your scholarships or loans available. Unless you're applying to the couple schools that offer need based aid (which I think are only like Harvard and Yale)

lasersgopewpew

Postby lasersgopewpew » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:33 pm

edit: figured it out, thanks.

Return to “Financial Aid”