FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:57 pm

Anyone? Just submitted my first round of FAFSA and have to submit again for my other schools i couldn't fit on the list. A day? A week?


Also feel free to talk about how much Needaccess sucks ITT

User avatar
yarsten
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:28 am

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby yarsten » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:00 pm

Mine took two days, though it was a weekend. Should be pretty quick.
Also, Needaccess sucks.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:20 pm

yarsten wrote:Mine took two days, though it was a weekend. Should be pretty quick.
Also, Needaccess sucks.




it is making my brain hurt. thanks for the heads up- looks like i will submit the rest tomorrow then i'm guessing, no big.


medical/dental payments? what? RISERYWB($VPW#BEUP@N#PW

User avatar
spicyyoda17
Posts: 320
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby spicyyoda17 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:24 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:
yarsten wrote:Mine took two days, though it was a weekend. Should be pretty quick.
Also, Needaccess sucks.




it is making my brain hurt. thanks for the heads up- looks like i will submit the rest tomorrow then i'm guessing, no big.


medical/dental payments? what? RISERYWB($VPW#BEUP@N#PW


As someone who is awaiting one final piece of tax information, what can you tell me about NeedAccess in terms of preparation that is non-obvious? Medical/dental expenses . . . what else?

Looking forward to bashing NeedAccess shortly!

Thanks

User avatar
mg7
Posts: 237
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby mg7 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Yeah mine just took a couple days as well.
Also, NeedAccess sucks indeed.

In regards to this:
spicyyoda17 wrote:As someone who is awaiting one final piece of tax information, what can you tell me about NeedAccess in terms of preparation that is non-obvious? Medical/dental expenses . . . what else?

Looking forward to bashing NeedAccess shortly!

Thanks

I don't remember everything, but these things stuck out to me as unexpected: You need to be able to say how much assistance your parents gave you the past year and also over the course of your entire undergrad career. In addition, you need to know how much debt you have (all kinds of debt- student loans, credit card, car payments, mortgage, etc.) Annnnd, you need to essentially give them your entire budget for the year of 2013 - how much you expect to earn this year, how much you expect to pay in taxes, how much you expect to spend on medical things, etc.

User avatar
twinkletoes16
Posts: 1317
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby twinkletoes16 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:32 pm

spicyyoda17 wrote:
twinkletoes16 wrote:
yarsten wrote:Mine took two days, though it was a weekend. Should be pretty quick.
Also, Needaccess sucks.




it is making my brain hurt. thanks for the heads up- looks like i will submit the rest tomorrow then i'm guessing, no big.


medical/dental payments? what? RISERYWB($VPW#BEUP@N#PW


As someone who is awaiting one final piece of tax information, what can you tell me about NeedAccess in terms of preparation that is non-obvious? Medical/dental expenses . . . what else?

Looking forward to bashing NeedAccess shortly!

Thanks


Not a whole lot more from what I can tell. Just annoying...

for medical- does this include buying cough drops? advil? toothpaste? should I just assume I spent $30 on medical and dental things altogether?

voytek
Posts: 115
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:06 pm

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby voytek » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:28 pm

twinkletoes16 wrote:for medical- does this include buying cough drops? advil? toothpaste? should I just assume I spent $30 on medical and dental things altogether?


First off, advil is candy and should be treated as such on Need Access.

For real though, I'm pretty sure that field is just if you have any significant expenditures that would affect your financial situation. For instance, I know CLS says that if you have any change over $300 that you should let them know.

To answer your main question, I submitted my FAFSA yesterday afternoon and already got a "processed successfully" email a few hours ago.

sunshinegirl
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed May 30, 2012 2:19 am

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby sunshinegirl » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 am

I haven't read through all the Need Access instructions, but was wondering how we're supposed to come up with figures for things like medical expenses and financial support provided by parents. Should I be digging through my old receipts and bank statements or are we just supposed to estimate those amounts?

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: FAFSA confirmation of processing- how long does it take?

Postby PRgradBYU » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:32 am

Need Access is ridiculous. Do they really expect us to accurately predict future expenditures?




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest