Need Access- release financial info to outside parties

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jubee

Need Access- release financial info to outside parties

Postby jubee » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:02 am

There are questions on the Need Access asking if i'll allow them to disclose my private info, for the purpose of reporting me as a scholarship recipient for funds that require or ask for that info, or to disclose my info to outside parties for scholarship opportunities, etc. To me, it sounds very vague, and weirds me out saying yes. But I don't know what is typical and don't want to put myself out of some type of assistance because I said no. Anybody have some insight on this? Thanks!

voytek

Re: Need Access- release financial info to outside parties

Postby voytek » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm

jubee wrote:There are questions on the Need Access asking if i'll allow them to disclose my private info, for the purpose of reporting me as a scholarship recipient for funds that require or ask for that info, or to disclose my info to outside parties for scholarship opportunities, etc. To me, it sounds very vague, and weirds me out saying yes. But I don't know what is typical and don't want to put myself out of some type of assistance because I said no. Anybody have some insight on this? Thanks!

I did it. I just have to trust that they will be as discrete as possible with my information. I got some substantial grants in undergrad by releasing my info to third parties so might as well give it a shot.

Return to “Financial Aid”