Scholarship Interviews

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
yupyup

Scholarship Interviews

Postby yupyup » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:44 pm

I posted this in another section of the forum but got no responses, then realized it's probably a more relevant topic for the "financial aid" section, so hopefully I get some help here.

I have a scholarship interview coming up Feb. 5 and was wondering if anyone had any tips for these types of interviews. What kind of questions do they ask? Specifically, it's for the Wildman/Schumacher scholarship at Southwestern. Thanks.

eerie_erie

Re: Scholarship Interviews

Postby eerie_erie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 am

Does the Southwestern page have testimonials from prior scholarship awardees that you could contact?

Cellar-door

Postby Cellar-door » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Unless they give you full tuition and a stipend for your living expenses do not go to Southwestern (even then it is likely a waste of 3 years of your life):
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school= ... show=chars
30% of SW law grads have no job at all
Only 44% are even in job requiring bar passage
only 3% work at big firms 100+
over 20% (so basically half of the graduates working in JD required jobs) are in firms of less than 10 lawyers.
They also don't report salary (hint that means it must be truly terrible) and won't release the NALP report.

the_kats

Postby the_kats » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:55 pm

I have an Interview tomorrow morning...
=\

How did yours go? Any advice? I have no idea what to expect.

Return to “Financial Aid”