Miami Law Scholarships

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
User avatar
meowllory
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Miami Law Scholarships

Postby meowllory » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:31 pm

Anybody know how long it takes Miami to release scholarship information? I was accepted on the 2nd but wasn't sure if the information usually comes in your mailed acceptance package or they send you separate information afterwards

User avatar
scottyc66
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby scottyc66 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:36 pm

meowllory wrote:Anybody know how long it takes Miami to release scholarship information? I was accepted on the 2nd but wasn't sure if the information usually comes in your mailed acceptance package or they send you separate information afterwards

I know that they section stack and you're screwed even if you get one. HAVE FUN!!

msowins
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby msowins » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:20 pm

scottyc66 wrote:
meowllory wrote:Anybody know how long it takes Miami to release scholarship information? I was accepted on the 2nd but wasn't sure if the information usually comes in your mailed acceptance package or they send you separate information afterwards

I know that they section stack and you're screwed even if you get one. HAVE FUN!!


Rude. If you don't have any helpful to say, then refrain from commenting...Back to the actual question that was asked by meowllory, I was accepted on December 14th and haven't received scholarship info either. I have talked to others who were accepted around the 20th of December and they just received scholarship info this week through the mail, so there's still hope for you and me!

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby nickb285 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm

msowins wrote:
I know that they section stack and you're screwed even if you get one. HAVE FUN!!

If you don't have any helpful to say, then refrain from commenting


That is helpful. If you get a scholarship there and you're dead-set on going, try to get the grade/class rank stipulations removed before matriculating. Otherwise they'll section stack so that a significant number of those with scholarships lose them and are stuck either dropping out or paying sticker.

msowins
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby msowins » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:23 pm

nickb285 wrote:
msowins wrote:
I know that they section stack and you're screwed even if you get one. HAVE FUN!!

If you don't have any helpful to say, then refrain from commenting


That is helpful. If you get a scholarship there and you're dead-set on going, try to get the grade/class rank stipulations removed before matriculating. Otherwise they'll section stack so that a significant number of those with scholarships lose them and are stuck either dropping out or paying sticker.


Yes, I agree with you, but that wasn't what was asked. The person asked if anyone knew how long it takes Miami to release scholly info, to which his comment was not helpful...and "HAVE FUN!!" was totally unnecessary. Otherwise, your post is correct and Miami's stipulations do suck.

User avatar
meowllory
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby meowllory » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:55 pm

msowins wrote:
nickb285 wrote:
msowins wrote:
I know that they section stack and you're screwed even if you get one. HAVE FUN!!

If you don't have any helpful to say, then refrain from commenting


That is helpful. If you get a scholarship there and you're dead-set on going, try to get the grade/class rank stipulations removed before matriculating. Otherwise they'll section stack so that a significant number of those with scholarships lose them and are stuck either dropping out or paying sticker.


Yes, I agree with you, but that wasn't what was asked. The person asked if anyone knew how long it takes Miami to release scholly info, to which his comment was not helpful...and "HAVE FUN!!" was totally unnecessary. Otherwise, your post is correct and Miami's stipulations do suck.



thank you, msowins! Prior to posting this I was unaware of how insignificant miami scholarships are due to the stipulations but now I know

User avatar
scottyc66
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby scottyc66 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:43 pm

msowins wrote:
nickb285 wrote:
msowins wrote:
I know that they section stack and you're screwed even if you get one. HAVE FUN!!

If you don't have any helpful to say, then refrain from commenting


That is helpful. If you get a scholarship there and you're dead-set on going, try to get the grade/class rank stipulations removed before matriculating. Otherwise they'll section stack so that a significant number of those with scholarships lose them and are stuck either dropping out or paying sticker.


Yes, I agree with you, but that wasn't what was asked. The person asked if anyone knew how long it takes Miami to release scholly info, to which his comment was not helpful...and "HAVE FUN!!" was totally unnecessary. Otherwise, your post is correct and Miami's stipulations do suck.

Image
Lucky someone didn't just say "retake", I was giving helpful info

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Miami Law Scholarships

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Retake




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests