Negotiating for Scholarships -- what is the right approach?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
curious66

Negotiating for Scholarships -- what is the right approach?

Postby curious66 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:42 am

Wondering how to go about this. I have a scholly from a slightly lower ranked school. Dream school 1 & 2 have not offered anything thus far. So, do you just call the dream schools and ask them to match??

WhiteyCakes

Re: Negotiating for Scholarships -- what is the right approach?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 am

curious66

Postby curious66 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79373

Wow. Thank you!!

venus

Postby venus » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm

Is the negotiation usually conditional? As in the school agrees to give you a certain amount of money only if you agree to accept their offer and send the first deposit immediately? Or do they typically agree to up your scholarship (if they choose to) but you still have the freedom of choice and time that you had before?

letitloose

Postby letitloose » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 pm

venus wrote:Is the negotiation usually conditional? As in the school agrees to give you a certain amount of money only if you agree to accept their offer and send the first deposit immediately? Or do they typically agree to up your scholarship (if they choose to) but you still have the freedom of choice and time that you had before?

Crossed my mind also, but just from reading/hearing people talk about negotiating I don't remember anyone mentioning it was conditional.

Return to “Financial Aid”