need to get 15k a year in loans.... best route?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
gaucholaw

need to get 15k a year in loans.... best route?

Postby gaucholaw » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am

im guessing federal right? and where and how do i apply for this. do i still need to fill out fafsa form?

WhiteyCakes

Re: need to get 15k a year in loans.... best route?

Postby WhiteyCakes » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:48 am

Go to your schools fin aid website

Captain Hammer

Re: need to get 15k a year in loans.... best route?

Postby Captain Hammer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:21 pm

gaucholaw wrote:im guessing federal right? and where and how do i apply for this. do i still need to fill out fafsa form?

1) Fill out the new FAFSA for the 2013-2014 school year (which will come out after Jan. 1) as soon as possible. You can do it online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/index.htm. While filling it out, you'll put down a code for your school that tells the Department of Education to send your information to your school once they've processed your FAFSA form.

2) Talk to the financial aid office at the school you're attending. Most likely, though, they'll tell you to fill out the FAFSA and that they'll notify you what loans are available to you once they receive your FAFSA information. They can't issue you federal loans until they get a report from the DOE based on your FAFSA, because that report tells them what federal loans you're eligible for.

3) 2-3 months after you submit your FAFSA, your school will send you a notice detailing your financial aid package. This will describe what student loans you're eligible for.

Return to “Financial Aid”