Complex situation....GradPLUS, Cosigner, etc

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
southernboy2011

Complex situation....GradPLUS, Cosigner, etc

Postby southernboy2011 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:35 pm

(delete)
Last edited by southernboy2011 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

southernboy2011

Re: Complex situation....GradPLUS, Cosigner, etc

Postby southernboy2011 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:38 pm

In addition, I am thinking of using my dad as cosigner to avoid all of this. However, my concern is whether having his cosign on the GradPLUS loan kills my attempt to have that portion of my loans forgiven if I was to take the 10 Year Public Interest route?

I am going to consolidate all my loans upon graduation, but not sure if the loan in which he cosign on will be available for consolidation and be available to be forgiven on the 10 year plan.

southernboy2011

Re: Complex situation....GradPLUS, Cosigner, etc

Postby southernboy2011 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:31 am

can ANYONE help me?

Some Collection Agency has put on my credit report a charge of 2286. They never contacted me directly, they just went straight to the credit reporting agency. SO, not only did they not give me a chance to validate the debt.......they never gave me chance to settle debt before hand. Had they contacted me telling me about this amount, I would have told them they are out their mind.

They received judgment of 708, which I would pay and would have paid long time ago. However, when I contacted original debtor about debt, they put me on hold and then just hung up.Called back and they said "sorry we don't have your file anymore so I am trying to figure it out" hung up again. Apartment

I assume they sold the debt, but how would I know this new company are legit plus the amount is insane. I called Equifax and they said they contacted company and the company responded saying "everything on file is correct" they provided nothing more but that.

WHAT do I do. My loan has been denied and I for 1, need it. For 2, need to get this crap off my credit report.

Return to “Financial Aid”