Looking for schools to negogiate with...

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
zekeattack

Looking for schools to negogiate with...

Postby zekeattack » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:04 pm

I applied this year to one and only school, late in the cycle and was offered a modest scholarship. More than I expected given my late application, but I've decided to take another year and plug in for a full cycle.

The school I was accepted to is a state school ranked somewhere between 30-50 in the USNW rankings. I think given my career interests and the strength of a couple of programs at the school, its where I'd ultimately like to end up.

I'm trying to be proactive about finding out what schools are likely to offer me competitive offers that I can leverage for the most scholarship money possible. I plan on applying to 4 or 5 regional peer schools but I'd like to have a couple of offers from higher ranked schools that would really give me the best talking position possible.

My stats are 166 LSAT and 3.3 GPA. I have 3 years of work experience and I think a fairly interesting/convincing story. Also a non-URM minority for whatever thats worth.

Schools that I was thinking of adding to the list:
WUSTL
Indiana
Illinois
Alabama

Those are all schools that I believe are a) splitter friendly and b) might look more favorably on a non-urm minority candidate. Is my line of reasoning consistent with the common knowledge of these schools?

Any comments or ideas of other schools that might make me good offers? I've looked over LSN a good bit but scholly information is a bit hard to find consistently especially with my case.

fatduck

Re: Looking for schools to negogiate with...

Postby fatduck » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm

y u no retake lsat?

Return to “Financial Aid”