Direct Subsidized Loans????? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Direct Subsidized Loans?????

Post by mcdeeremitch » Fri May 04, 2012 11:59 am

I was going through the entrace counseling for loans and direct subsidized loans kept coming up...are we eligble for this or just the Direct Plus Loan??

nshapkar

Gold

Re: Direct Subsidized Loans?????

Post by nshapkar » Fri May 04, 2012 12:01 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:I was going through the entrace counseling for loans and direct subsidized loans kept coming up...are we eligble for this or just the Direct Plus Loan??

Direct Plus. The bill that raised the debt ceiling last year ended subsidized loans.

mcdeeremitch

Bronze

Post by mcdeeremitch » Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 pm

nshapkar wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:I was going through the entrace counseling for loans and direct subsidized loans kept coming up...are we eligble for this or just the Direct Plus Loan??

Direct Plus. The bill that raised the debt ceiling last year ended subsidized loans.
ok i think i got it basically the "Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized" is Stafford and the "Direct Plus" is the Grad plus loan?

sidhesadie

Bronze

Post by sidhesadie » Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Yes, and graduate students are no longer eligible for subsidized stafford loans, they will all be unsubsidized.

nshapkar

Gold

Post by nshapkar » Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
nshapkar wrote:

ok i think i got it basically the "Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized" is Stafford and the "Direct Plus" is the Grad plus loan?

I'm not positive which is which. I just know subsidized loans are gone, which really sucks. The counseling thing keeps mentioning them probably because it hasn't been updated?

tstyler98

Bronze

Post by tstyler98 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:02 am

nshapkar wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
nshapkar wrote:

I'm not positive which is which. I just know subsidized loans are gone, which really sucks. The counseling thing keeps mentioning them probably because it hasn't been updated?
It might also be that there is one entrance counseling for everybody, including undergrads who are still eligible for subsidized loans.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”