Cornell vs. NYU C.O.A. Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
LSHopeful91

New

Cornell vs. NYU C.O.A.

Post by LSHopeful91 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:36 pm

According to all of the other topics about this on the forum, it seems that there's only 1k difference between Cornell and NYU in the total cost of attendance, but it seems hard to believe. Even though Cornell's tuition is higher, I would think that living in Ithaca would be significantly cheaper than living in Manhattan. Am I misguided in thinking this way, or have I just gotten my statistics wrong? Thanks for all responses.

Lawbro

Bronze

Re: Cornell vs. NYU C.O.A.

Post by Lawbro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Living costs in Ithaca can be relatively expensive as well, especially if you want to live close to campus. And if you go to NYU you can get cheaper housing if you look outside of the city. So in the end, it really depends on you, but generally it's said that COA is the same because the higher tuition in Cornell makes up for the lower living costs

Nobody

Bronze

Re: Cornell vs. NYU C.O.A.

Post by Nobody » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 am

One thing to keep in mind is that small college towns can be much more expensive than small towns in general, since you have a captive population and lots students with rich parents who drive up rents.

Return to “Financial Aid”