Attending a non HYS T14 for sticker

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
shifty_eyed

Attending a non HYS T14 for sticker

Postby shifty_eyed » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:52 am

If I improve my LSAT score, I may have a slim shot at CCN or at least MVP. However, my gpa will most likely preclude me from getting any $$$.

I will have about $30k in savings by the time I start law school (fall 2013), and I have no debt/undergrad loans. I can probably get 10k/yr from my parents. My mom said they would be willing to help out, but I don't think I would be comfortable taking any more than that much since they paid for my undergrad.

So with that in mind, would it still be a bad idea to attend a non HYS T14 for sticker?

CanadianWolf

Re: Attending a non HYS T14 for sticker

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:58 am

Probably since your current 170/3.3 should reap lots of scholarship offers outside of the T-14.

What are your career goals & target location(s) ?

shifty_eyed

Postby shifty_eyed » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:03 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Probably since your current 170/3.3 should reap lots of scholarship offers outside of the T-14.

What are your career goals & target location(s) ?

I'd like big law and eventually want to live in Texas, I THINK. However, I've lived here my whole life and would really, really like a change of pace/location. While I am afraid I won't get into UT Austin with my GPA no matter my LSAT because they don't seem very splitter friendly, I would go there in a heartbeat.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Vanderbilt might be an option that offers some scholarship money, a change of location & good placement in Texas.

Return to “Financial Aid”