What school guarantee access?

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Geon
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 am

What school guarantee access?

Postby Geon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 am

-I am just wondering, what US law schools basically guarantee or come close to it, that you will be able to attend if you are accepted. From what I gather YHS, all have a version of this, but do any lower tier 1 schools (preferably ones in the t-14 but towards the lower side- and I am only interested in top 20 schools but really t-14 highly prefered).


international student non us permanent resident/non citizen if that makes a difference

User avatar
hichvichwoh
Posts: 442
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:21 am

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby hichvichwoh » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:39 am

...what?

User avatar
puppylaw
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby puppylaw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:29 am

I'm pretty sure that every law school will help you get all the loans you need to attend and then some. The trouble is paying them back.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15508
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:34 am

puppylaw wrote:I'm pretty sure that every law school will help you get all the loans you need to attend and then some. The trouble is paying them back.


This isn't necessarily true for international students who can't get Federally backed loans and don't have a co-signer.

Geon
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 am

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby Geon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:10 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
puppylaw wrote:I'm pretty sure that every law school will help you get all the loans you need to attend and then some. The trouble is paying them back.


This isn't necessarily true for international students who can't get Federally backed loans and don't have a co-signer.


Precisely, I am trying to find out which ones will extend loans/need based aid beside hys to international students

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby Renzo » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:12 am

Yale and Harvard are the only two I know of that offer institutional (non-federal) loans.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:43 pm

Renzo wrote:Yale and Harvard are the only two I know of that offer institutional (non-federal) loans.


This. No other school will give int students loans so the only other options is loans from your home country or private loans that all require a US cosigner.

Geon
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 am

Re: What school guarantee access?

Postby Geon » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:46 am

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Renzo wrote:Yale and Harvard are the only two I know of that offer institutional (non-federal) loans.


This. No other school will give int students loans so the only other options is loans from your home country or private loans that all require a US cosigner.


Really, not even stanford?




Return to “Financial Aid”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests